Happy 90th Birthday to Mickey and Minnie mouse. The big cheese and his leading lady turn 90 years old this year and the Disney parks are holding nothing back. If you are headed to Walt Disney World or Disneyland anytime from now until November 18th,you’re in for a big treat. This includes everything from special events happening around the parks, festive snacks and limited time merchandise. Check out all of the amazing opportunities happening throughout the parks with this list of all the ways you can help celebrate this dynamic duo.
Walt Disney World
Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet
- If you are headed to the Magic Kingdom, make sure to take advantage of a special character meet and greet at the Town Square Theater. There you can meet the dynamic duo together in festive outfits and get a fun picture of your favorite couple. This is one of the few times you can meet both of your favorite mice at the same time. The Town Square Theater is located to the right when you enter the Magic Kingdom. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/01/join-the-party-during-mickey-minnies-surprise-celebration-at-magic-kingdom-park/
Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party
- The Move it Shake Dance Party will be making its way around the hub and down Main Street USA to a new soundtrack. This is a must-see event with upbeat music and classic characters. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/move-it-shake-it-dance-play-it/
Get your Ears on
- Is the celebration Disneyland is hosting to celebrate Mickey and Minnie mouse. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/11/time-to-party-at-the-disneyland-resort-with-get-your-ears-on-a-mickey-and-minnie-celebration/
Mickey’s Sensational Parade
- This parade returns to Disneyland on January 25 with a fun new opening to celebrate the dynamic duo.
Mickey’s Mix Magic
- Celebrate Minnie and Mickey at Disneyland by viewing a new high-energy projection show staring your favorite couple, Minnie and Mickey Mouse throughout the years. You can view this amazing show on Main Street, U.S.A., the water screens of the Rivers of America, and the façade of “it’s a small world”.
Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland is pulling out all the stops to celebrate the original Valentines Minnie and Mickey mouse. Check out the Disneyland web site here https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/valentines-month/ to see all the special events happing at the park.
The Disney Resorts are going all out for Mickey and Minnie’s 90th which includes limited edition snacks.
Must have snacks at Walt Disney World
- Cheesy Hot Diggity Dog found at Casey’s Corner
- Confetti Mickey Pretzel available at The Lunching Pad, Storybook Circus, Liberty Square Market, and pretzel carts in Main Street, U.S.A. and Frontierland
- Mickey’s Birthday Cake available at Beach Club Marketplace and The Market at Ale & Compass
Must have snacks at Disneyland
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sundae: available at Disneyland park (Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor) and Disney California Adventure park (Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream)
- Mickey Mouse Pizza: available at Daisy’s Diner at Disneyland park
- Mickey’s Birthday Churro: available at select Churro Carts across Disneyland park
Check out Disney Parks blog post to see all of the fun snacks available for Minnie and Mickey’s birthday. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/11/foodie-guide-to-mickeys-birthday-at-disney-parks/
Don’t forget to check out the special merchandise to celebrate Minnie and Mickey mouse in the parks and online. https://www.shopdisney.com/collections/mickey-mouse-90th-anniversary